DeChambeau Withdraws from Arnold Palmer Invitational
Bryson DeChambeau has withdrawn from the Arnold Palmer Invitational.
The defending champion made the announcement via his Twitter account on Monday.
“I have a lot of work to do to get everything back into order for this week, but I just feel like it’s too short of a time for me to get back to 100 percent. Right now, I’m like 90 percent, and I just don’t want to go out there and hurt myself even more and not be 100 percent ready for the rest of the season. I don’t want to come back early and then have to take more time off. So, it’s a hard decision to make right now, but I’m going to unfortunately have to not play this week,” said DeChambeau.
This comes after DeChambeau told Golf Channel last week that he was intending to play.
DeChambeau did not rule out an appearance at The Players Championship next week.
Scott Piercy will replace DeChambeau in the field.