Metacomet Not Ranked Among Top Courses to Close in 2020
Metacomet Golf Club was one of the most notable courses to close across the country in 2020.
It became such big news that even Golf Digest did a story on the situation.
However, according to a recent article by GolfPass, it was not one of the top 10 courses to close in 2020.
“It’s likely the course is gone but not set in stone yet according to all the reporting I’ve seen. Website still active. Might make the 2021 list,” said Senior Writer Jason Scott Deegan in a comment.
Metacomet closed at the end of September and has since seen all its furnishings and equipment auctioned off.
The building is expected to be torn down and the property will be developed.
Currently, the entire situation is caught up in politics, so it is unclear when anything more will happen.
Here is GolfPass’ Top 10:
10. Madden Golf Course, Ohio
9. Mount Brighton Golf club, Michigan
8. Elkins Ranch Golf Course, California
7. Bristol Harbour Golf Club, New York
6. Pheasant Run Golf Resort, Illinois
5. East Course at Inverrary Country Club, Florida
4. Eaglemont Golf Club, Washington
3. Hanover Country Club, New Hampshire
2. Rancho San Marcos, California
1. Ko’olau Golf Club, Hawaii