URI Golf Receives National Letter of Intent from Chuck Tragesser
Pennsylvania native Chuck Tragesser has signed a National Letter of Intent (NLI) to join the University of Rhode Island golf team starting next season.
“We are very fortunate to attract both Chuck and his family to URI. Chuck is an excellent student who will fit into, and then enhance, our culture of academic responsibility and dedication to the weight room and practice,” said Head coach Gregg Burke.
Tragesser chose Rhode Island over Lafayette, Hartford, Villanova, Central Michigan and Northern Illinois.
“And after multiple Zoom calls with Coach, and then the team, it was clear that URI was the place for me. Not only is this a program on the rise, it’s also family away from home, and that is something very special. Visiting the campus only exceeded my expectations, and confirmed that this was where I wanted to continue my education and golf career,” said Tragesser.
Tragesser’s Honors & Accomplishments
- Set his high school’s 9-hole scoring record with a 31
- Helped lead his team to its first-ever WPIAL championship and first-ever trip to the state finals (2020)
- 2019 WPIAL Section Champion (finished -3)
- Two-time State Finalist
- 2020 State Championship individual runner up
- Five Top-Five finishes on GolfWeek Junior Tour
- One of youngest qualifiers for Pennsylvania State Amateur, placing 25th overall (finished +3)
- Qualified for Notah Begay Junior Golf National Championship
- Is a member of the National Honor Society
- Achieved highest academic honors with distinction
- Works with First Tee of Pittsburgh