Triggs Memorial Golf Course in Providence will open for play on Saturday.
This is a big turn of events as on Wednesday, Providence Mayor Jorge Elorza issued an executive order stating that “all sports fields and courts, playgrounds, and golf courses shall remain closed to public access,” as GolfNewsRI reported.
“Triggs Memorial Golf Course and The Rescue Pub (Clubhouse) have adjusted our operating policies to conform to State of Rhode Island and City of Providence regulations regarding restaurants, group gatherings and health safety. These are trying times and we need the cooperation and patience of our players and guests if we are to continue to offer golf at Triggs,” writes Triggs in an email.
Triggs was previously the only course in the state that was closed due to the spread of coronavirus.
Restrictions at Triggs
The following restrictions have been issued, some of which are special to Triggs.
* We ask that you exercise good judgment and practice proper “Social Distancing” of at least six feet at all times while at Triggs. Also, No more than 5 people in a group anywhere at Triggs. If you arrive early please wait in your car until 5 minutes before your tee time.
* Golf at Triggs is available for Rhode Island Residents only. All players will be required to present a valid Rhode Island picture ID or a Rhode Island Driver’s License at check in. No Exceptions. Cars with out of state license plates will not be permitted to park at Triggs.
* All Players are required to wear a face mask or covering while on the premises until they are ready to tee off on the first hole and after they have finished their round of golf.
* The Clubhouse will be closed for seated dining and drinking. It will remain open for to go sandwiches, snacks and beverages and the like. Please do not linger inside the Clubhouse or on the Clubhouse decks.
* Restrooms in the Clubhouse are being cleaned and sanitized multiple times throughout the day.
* The Pro Shop will be closed to players and guests and available for staff only. Please check in for golf at the window on the left side of the Pro Shop.
* Golf Carts will be available for single rider use only on a “first come first serve basis”. Touch areas on the golf carts including keys, steering wheels, shift levers and bag clamps will be sanitized before and after use.
* Water stations and bunker rakes have been removed from the course
* Please do not touch or remove the flagsticks. We have placed foam cylinders in the cups so that you can easily remove your ball without touching the flagstick.
* All players must use their own clubs. No sharing of clubs or rental clubs.
* We will only accept credit cards or debits cards as the method of payment.
* The putting green will remain closed.